Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A little motivation! LIVING ROOM
















This has been a challenging room as its like a bowling alley, long and narrow. There was a couple changes made before christmas. The walls were BM butter cream, now they are BM Riveria Pewter, a nice soft grey and of course the wall paper behind the tv no longer looked so great with the new color so we also hung new wall paper (not sure about the paper, reminds me of spirograph art from my childhood)

Today I moved the chair from the corner (where the sticks are now but not staying) replaced gold curtain panels with charcoal grey, added a floor lamp at the end of the sofa (christmas gift) and a new table lamp on the soon to go end table or makeover.....love my new lamps!!!

Then there is that dreaded wall over beside my horrid but much needed chair, hung a mirror that we bought in 1983, but the wall was too boring so I added a wall tattoo around the mirror and oddly enough the wall tattoo has the same colors in it as the wallpaper.

If you look a little further down, you will see in my one post a pine hutch in our eating area, that got a paint job and is now being used as our tv stand and the one that the tv was sitting on (see side pic) is now beside my bed
I still have alot tweaking to do, but at least I have started.....there was a time when I would tweak constantly and hopefully my OCD tweak will come back


hugs

janet

3 comments:

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

It looks great, love the wallpaper! It does look like spirograph but that is part of its charm. That lamp is fantastic too, it all goes so nicely together!
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet! Everything looks wonderful! Now I like the wallpaper. A little retro and elegant at the same time! You've done good!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Samantha said...

I love, love, love the wallpaper! I think it looks great, retro mod :-)